Friday, March 31, 2017

A Transitional Floral Dress



Spring is finally here! I'm so happy to be done with the cold weather and all the layering. I'm ready for warm sunny days with a light crisp breeze. Isn't it interesting how the weather has a big effect on our mood? I always feel a lot more energized and happier during the spring/summer months. 

One of my favorite items to add to my closet during this time are dresses! It's one of the easiest things to throw on and get out the door feeling completely put together. And a dress like this one from Target is a must have for me. I can easily transition it from spring to summer and from day to night with just a few additional items. 

I've really been wanting to add an affordable, yet good quality faux leather jacket to my closet and this H&M version fit the bill when it was recently on sale. I really like how it completely changes the look of the dress for a night out. Another great option instead of black is this brown Suede version. I'm totally in love with it, but I'm not sure I could justify the cost per wear for myself. 

I recently wore the first outfit to work this week and got tons of compliments. The material is easy to take care of and the floral print is very well balanced. I would have typically paired the dress with a black or neutral cardigan for work, but adding the yellow really brightened up the entire look. We are required to wear closed toed shoes for work, so I paired it with some simple ballet flats. However, I have been eyeing these sandals from Nordstrom for a while and Target has a very similar pair for less. Unfortunately, I took the photograph late in the day and the lighting wasn't very good. 


If you've been on a look out for a great floral dress that is also very versatile, I would highly recommend this one.

Side note: I also picked up this off-the shoulder chambray that is really on trend and would look great with these BP sandals or these affordable Target version too. Whenever I'm a little nervous to try new trends, like the off-the shoulder trend, I can always depend on Target for some good affordable options. 



What's your spring/summer staple item?


2 comments:

  1. The dress is super cute and i really like the h&m faux leather jacket. And i clicked on the chambray dress and it told me that target ships to Canada, uh oh, that could be dangerous for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Dress with good leather jacket, sometimes i wear Indian ethnic wear like Anarkali Suit and sometimes western outfit like jeans-top but i don't wear this type of dresses, please suggest me where can i buy.

    ReplyDelete