Monday, March 23, 2015

Inspired on a Pursuit of Happiness

Writing your first blog post can be a pretty difficult task. But as I get older, I'm learning that over analyzing anything too much in your head can keep you from doing what you are really inspired to do. So, I wanted to write about two people that really inspire everyday... my parents.

Now, I was worried that this might sound too cheesy and what not... but it really is the truth. I will touch on how my mother inspires me in future posts, but for today I wanted to write about how my father is always inspiring me to live a happier life through paying a little more attention to the little things around me that truly matter... and ignoring all the big static noise that really doesn't.

He is always sending me inspiring emails and books. To be honest when I was younger after reading about one or two of these emails, they all started to sound the same and ended up deleted before I would even open them. I makes me a bit sad to think about that now. But I guess when you are younger you just feel like "...yea,yea... I know", but you really don't. You can't know until you have lived. You don't know what mistakes to avoid before you make them until you have made a few of your own. But on a random day you stop and realize that even though those emails and books aren't telling you something you don't already know... it's almost like you didn't take the time to acknowledge that you know these things and even less time to actually bother to implement them in your own life.

So, today I'm inspired on a pursuit of happiness.


Unfortunately, I am not a big reader. While I was in college I always made up an excuse that I have too much reading for my classes, therefore I didn't have time to read other things (what a sorry excuse, I know!). And I have tired to get into reading and at least I can say I have read a handful of books,but in general after about 2 to 4 pages I start to doze off and before I know  it... I'm waking up for an hour long nap! But recently, I have been introduced to the world of Podcasts!

It's the perfect solution for me. Lately, I have been listening to a podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin.I like that the podcasts are short, very relate-able and the little things she inspires me to implement in my life are super easy. Like the one minute rule, setting a bed alarm (my father has been telling me to do this for years), or not to be afraid to try something new (like this blog ;)). I feel like any positive change I make, no matter how big or small inspire the next step towards my pursuit of happiness.

What inspires you? What are you on a pursuit for? 

2 comments:

  1. I read The Happiness Project a few years ago, and hadn't heard about the podcast! I just subscribed to it, thanks for the head's up!

    I made a resolution to have a one word motto every month, so I guess that's my latest pursuit. March has been "discipline" which hasn't gone so well!

    Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog, and wishing you a happy start to your blogging adventure!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being the first comment post on my blog! You're so sweet! I know I could definitely use a lot more discipline in my life too... Good luck with your monthly moto... You've inspired me to think of one for myself next month! :)

    ReplyDelete