Monday, October 12, 2015

A Prefect Weekend

I was literally in heaven the past few days. My mom, dad, grandmother, and cousin sister came for a visit and we had such a great time with them. 

I am so thankful that the weather was absolutely perfect every single day they were here! I am also thankful that my grandmother was in high spirits and healthy during her entire stay. We have a lot of stairs in our townhouse and I was very worried about her. To all of our surprise, she slowly climbed the stairs at least twice a day and had no issues at all. 


We enjoyed a beautiful walk around our neighborhood park, explored the Perot museum, and enjoyed yummy panner tacos at our favorite taco joint - Velvet Taco. On Saturday, my mom taught me an eggplant recipe, which she learned from my grandmother very early into her marriage. It was pretty cool learning something that was being passed down from my grandmother. The dish was so delicious, it was gone before we knew it! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take pictures, but I plan on recreating it soon.



On their last day, we of course did a bit of outlet shopping and I scored the perfect cargo vest I have been on a hunt for. Since the weather was a bit cooler, I couldn't wait to wear it. 


We also visited the Hanuman Temple, enjoyed some chaat for lunch, and hung out at my sister-in-law's place playing with baby Anand on Sunday.

It was so good to have them all here this weekend. It felt like we did so much, but we also had plenty of downtime just enjoying each other's company. I know it maybe difficult for my grandmother to come back again for another visit, but I'm glad that she so strong and determined to make this trip at least once. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. 


How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Family weekends are the best, and I always say, the more the merrier! So glad you were able to spend time with everyone, that included adventure AND downtime. The eggplant dish sounds delicious! It is so special that you could learn that! Love the vest, too.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Priya! Can't wait to re-create the dish and share it here. I'm still trying to come up with some more styling ideas for the vest with other pieces in my closet.

      Delete