Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Rainy Day Flats

Rainy Day Outfits


I know booties are what's on everyone's mind this time of the year, but before it gets freezing cold... it typically starts to rain here in Texas.

I have a good 5-10 minute walk to my work from where I park my car. On rainy days those 10 minutes walking can be quiet dreadful. I've had a handful of miserable rainy days where I've stepped into a puddle of water and had to walk around in wet ballet flats all day. I've been the lookout for cute rain shoes for sometime now.  Although I love the look of Hunter boots, its not quiet practical for me to wear them at my place of work, neither am I willing to carry an extra pair of shoes with me to switch into once I get to work. So, when I saw these Chooka Rain Flats on sale, I thought that they would be a perfect option for me.

I really liked that these flats are neutral enough to go with most work outfits, yet still fun with the polkadots. The shoes seemed to be really great quality, but unfortunately I sized up and so  the ones I ordered were a little big for me. By the time I went to exchange them my size was sold out, but I found them online for full price at Zappos and other on-line retailers. I'm keeping these on my radar and hoping that they will on sale again soon (fingers crossed). If you're on a lookout for some rain flats these are a great option.


What are your go-to shoes on rainy day?


8 comments:

  1. I didn't even know rain flats existed...and cute ones at that! Good to know, especially when we move to Chicago and I have to commute in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending the day in wet flats (which I have had to do several times) is the WORST! These flats are super cute, and a great idea. I have Hunter rain boots, but they're not always something I want to wear all day in the office. I'm glad you shared this- rainy days always stump me for outfits, and then I feel frumpy all day! I'm sharing this via my Twitter...are you on Twitter? I tried to find you!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked this post and thank you so much for sharing! :) I'm on twitter, but honestly have never really used it. You can find me @reshma83.

      Delete
  3. i had no idea rain flats were a thing. i have always wanted to buy a pair of hunter boots just coz they look so freaking cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know hunter boots have been on my wish list, but just can't justify the cost since I probably won't end up wearing them as much. :(

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh, how cute are these and they would be very practical for Vancouver weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure! The polka-dot ones seem to be sold out most places, but they also have other fun colors to brighten up your rainy day!

      Delete