Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Perfect Spring Sweater

The Perfect Spring Sweater



I hadn't really been interested in shopping after delivering my daughter last June. Although I knew I needed to give myself time to get back into shape, I still struggled with feeling a little depressed and worried about what I saw in the mirror. Over the past month and a half I've been making it a daily goal to take better care of myself (post coming soon). 

I'm already seeing a small difference in the way I look and an even bigger difference in the way I feel. So, I recently treated myself to a small online shopping spree. This sweater was just one of the many amazing finds I picked up from H&M. 

I'm always a bit skeptical about purchasing anything from H&M without trying it on in store. I was already all over the place in their sizing and fit before pregnancy... so you can imagine my current hesitation in purchasing anything online. However, on a the very rare occasion that I do make it out to the mall these days I typically just end up frustrated and find absolutely nothing that inspires me to try the item on. So, when I saw that H&M now offers free in-store returns, plus I had a code for free shipping and a 30% discount, I said... why not?! 

I love putting together outfit options with my recent purchases because it helps me to better understand if the item will bring me joy and add value to my closet. The color of this sweater is a perfect neutral beige. I'm very pleased with the quality and it's a perfect sweater to be worn as is or layered. When I first placed it into my online shopping cart, I imagined that it would make a nice outfit with jeans for a casual day and on skinny trousers for work. And after playing around with other outfit ideas I'm convinced that this is my new favorite sweater and a perfect transition item going into the spring months. 

I know it might be a little too early to be thinking of spring around some neck of the woods, but here in Texas the weather has been in the 70s and with my allergies acting up... spring is definitely in the air! I'm very excited to try out all these looks in the coming months. Majority of all the completer pieces are either already in my closet or I have something very similar. So, this also helps me to visualize outfits that I can keep a mental note for when I'm in a hurry to get dressed for an event. Another reason I love doing these outfit posts is because it gives me an idea of how much I might actually wear a particular item on my wish list. For example, this pegasus necklace from Stella Dot has been on my wish list for over a year, but I have yet to justify the price for the amount of times I think I would actually wear it. I've been on a hunt for something similar, but a bit more affordable. I think it goes perfectly with outfit #3, but I'm not convinced to pull the trigger on it. Come to think of it... my birthday is right around the corner! ;)

To my delight I'm happy with all the items from my recent H&M purchase and I'm most excited about this sweater and the joggers in the first outfit.



Which look is your favorite?

7 comments:

  1. WOw spring is in the air in Texas. Today in NYC we had a huge snowstorm. Motherhood brings so much joy but also has so many hardships. I'm always so confused about it and it scares me. I just posted a pink sweater for Valentine's day, so ironic. I saw a sweater at H&M this past week, pink and ruffles and it was $50. Say what? H&M is getting up there for some things, but the quality was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't complain about the spring weather, but I wouldn't mind playing in the snow with my daughter once this season. $50 for a sweater from H&M is a lot. I would probably wait until a promotional offer. They have them often online and it's also easier to find an item you've had your eye that way.

      Delete
  2. We are still in winter mode here unfortunately. I really like the sweater though, cute and versatile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope spring is right around the corner for you! :)

      Delete
  3. Definitely in spring mode here in London but it's a bit more chilly than I'd ideally like for spring... not quite put the heavy duty clothes away yet! Stella&Dot do some really lovely pieces - I have a couple of bracelets from them, but I agree they are quite pricey. I have a friend who worked there and I was able to bag a discount from her which was perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! Stella & Dot does have some great pieces.

      Delete
  4. Neutral sweaters are in my closet essentials, for sure. I like to shop at H&M in stores too, for sure, but ordering online (esp with free returns!) is just so easy!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete