Monday, July 27, 2015

The Pink Shift Dress

During the Spring/Summer my perfect go to outfit almost always consists of a shift dress! A nice bright color makes me smile and an easy to care for fabric makes me pretty darn happy on laundry day! This dress is just that my friends. 


The Pink Shift Dress

If you follow me on instagram then you may have already seen that I wore this dress to brunch a couple of weeks ago. I originally saw this dress on Cassie  from Hi Sugarplum! and knew that it was right up my alley. I really like Cassie's philosophy of buying super versatile clothes instead of having tons of clothes in your closet that you barely wear once. I was a little hesitant to fork up the cash for this simple shift dress at first, but Cassie had me convinced with a ton of different ways she wore this dress. I'm loving her idea of pairing it with a leopard or a floral heel! I've worn this dress to brunch, on a date night, to work with a nice cardigan, and simply running errands around town. Given it's versatility and quality of fabric, I think this dress is totally worth the money.

Besides being super versatile for the warmer weather, I also think this dress would easily transition into Fall/Winter with some booties and a warm cardigan. The fabric is super easy to care for... I just throw is in the delicate cycle and hang it up to dry. No last minute runs to the dry cleaners for me! 

So, here are three ways I plan on wearing this dress. The first and second look are totally my style and I've actually worn the dress both ways already with similar pieces in my closet.... well, except my I traded the floppy hat for my fedora instead. I'm still on the hunt for a perfect floppy hat that will fit my small head. Maybe, I should try the kid's section?! However, the second look I totally copied from Cassie. I would have never thought of pairing it with floral heels, but I absolutely love this look! I wore this look with nude heels (minus the floral version) for date night. But I'm totally crushing on the floral heels! I plan on playing with a few more looks with the floral heels before jumping on adding them to my closet. Strategic versus impulse purchases is the key to building a closet that I'll love long after my crush over.

I love getting inspiration from fellow bloggers and building on it to better understand my own sense of style. It's always nice to be inspired to think outside the box as well (i.e. floral heels). I'm also tempted to purchase this dress in green because I think it would be perfect with fall colors... I'm thinking a mustard cardigan and brown boots. But for now... I'm enjoying the cheerful pink! :)

Link-Up: PinkSole: #HowISummer


What is your Spring/Summer go to outfit?


10 comments:

  1. Love all three of the ways you styled this dress! I think my favorite is #2 because those heels are so cute!

    And honestly, my go to summer outfit is shorts and a top. I have both casual and formal shorts, so I pick and choose accordingly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shorts and a top can be so versatile, but I always have a hard time finding good fitting shorts.

      Delete
  2. Love this shift dress, such a pretty pink!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dress and love all 3 styles. Love the accessories you picked to make each look its. own.

    Can't wait to see you in these looks!

    Xoxo,
    Kamana

    www.socialandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kamana! I've been wearing this dress constantly... hard to believe I haven't had a chance to get a good outfit shot.

      Delete
  4. Love all the different ways you styled this dress! Sleeveless shift dresses are definitely a summer staple!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Glad to have you stop by :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Reshma! Hope you are having a great month!

    This is a great dress! I've been super into pink (again) lately, and would love a dress like this. I think floral heels would be absolutely dreamy, and I agree with booties and a sweater, you'd be set for Fall! Great purchase, I say!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Priya! I never considered myself a pink girl... but come to think of it... there is quiet a bit of pink my closet.

      Delete