Friday, July 3, 2015

Three Things Thursday: July 4th Rewind

This week I have been busy getting ready for the upcoming vacay and also been reminiscing about our last July 4th. long weekend. I have to say it was one of the better ones for sure. So, for today's #3TT I thought I'd rewind and share three of my favorite things from last July 4th.

Are you interested joining #3TT? Please visit the hosts: SalmaRaj, or Nisha's blog, for all the details on how to join the linkup.


One: Kaboom Town

Last year we celebrated July 4th. by going to Kaboom Town with our friends K&V. It sort of ended up being a little last minute, but we had a great time! It's a big outdoor concert in our local area with fireworks, funnel cakes, and an awesome air show.... oh, yeah!!! :D
I think this is one of the best ways to celebrate the 4th. Just grab a picnic blanket and head out to have enjoy the fireworks with your friends and family!



Two: Rent a Cabin

A long weekend is always a great time to get away. Last year after Kaboom Town we rented a small cabin in the hill country and enjoyed a little time away from the busy city life with our friends M&A. Road trips and little get away with friends is always a great way to reboot yourself. We had such a fabulous time doing wine tastings, spending a day out on the water, and exploring another side of Texas.



Three: Red, White, and Blue Spirit

Going through my old pics from the last July 4th, I came across this instagram pic of planning my outfits for the long weekend. This was probably one of the first times that I actually wore red, white, and blue on July 4th... I paid much attention to these little details before. I have to say... something about wearing these colors did make me feel a bit more patriotic!


Although I'm a little sad that we will be missing out on Kaboom Town and watching the fireworks this year with our friends... I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm dying to hit the beach in Jamaica!!! :)


What will you be doing this July 4th weekend?







8 comments:

  1. Last year sounds like it was such a fun 4th of July! And love all the coordinated outfits. But Jamaica this year? That sounds fab. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can't say I was missing the fireworks too much while enjoying my Blue Hawaiian drink on the beach this July 4th!

      Delete
  2. Kaboom Town sounds awesome!! And I love your patriotic line-up! I/m so sad not to be in the US for this July 4th, I had such a great time last year (I was in NY with my cousin). Happy fourth to you! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NY for July 4th. sounds like a lot of fun!

      Delete
  3. I find that there's a way to enjoy every holiday, if you focus on your favorite parts of it! I have definitely had fun coming up with patriotic themed outfits in the past few years. It's the only day you can whole-heartedly wear red white & blue confidently! The ones you put together in this photo are super cute. I love all these ideas for celebrating! So you spent the actual day in Jamaica? No doubt you had (/are having?) an amazing time. Can't wait to see photos when you return!

    Unfortunately the weather was pretty gross in Nashville this weekend, but we still managed to salvage some celebrations. It was just nice to have a long weekend off from work!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more, Priya! There have been certain holidays that I wasn't much into celebrating in the past, but focusing on my favorite parts definitely made them a lot more enjoyable!
      Yes, we did spend July 4th. in Jamaica! No fireworks, but I did enjoy a blue drink... does that count?! Hope you enjoyed your long weekend off as well! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had an amazing 4th of July Holiday -so fun and joyous!

    Xoxo,
    Kamana

    www.socialandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kamana! It was fun to look at these pictures and reminisce a bit.

      Delete