Monday, May 11, 2015

The Lace Top

Spring Capsule Outfits #2



I think style posts are quickly becoming my favorites. I love sharing how I plan on experimenting with latest additions to my closet and it also helps me stay accountable for how I'm spending my money.

I love this full sleeve lace top from She Inside. The quality was pretty decent. I have to warn you though, it can be a bit sheer so a white cami underneath is a good idea. Unfortunately, the sizing didn't work out very well for me... I would definitely recommend sizing up. So instead of returning it, I gifted it to my sister... aren't I the best sister, ever?! ;)

This top is perfect for spring because it gives you extra coverage on your arms, but still breathable because of the lace. I like the basic white color too because it goes with absolutely everything! I had originally created these looks when I first decided to the order this top and the combination with the colorful Kate Spade Saturday mini skirt was my favorite. Unfortunately, I waited too long and it quickly sold out after going on sale. Don't you just hate it when that happens? I loved how colorful it was, but I wasn't sure how much wear I would get out of it since it was a mini... I can be a little self consciousness with showing too much thigh. So I'm on the lookout for similar colorful skirt in a lightly longer length instead.

I wore a similar look for the first one in my first outfit post here. I would have liked the longer sleeves version better though. I always think its a good idea to balance your outfit when showing some skin. I'm showing some leg, I tend to cover up my arms. I guess there are always exceptions, though! :) Lastly, these red suede kitty heels are on my wish list for this month. They are the prefect cut and I've been known to fall over when I wear high heels... so these are just perfect. Plus, I don't own any red shoes. I love the pop of color and how they totally elevate this simple look!

This post is quiet a bit shorter than my previous ones, but I've had a super busy weekend and I started a new job today! I'm very excited about the new challenging role, but what I'm not excited about is wearing scrubs for the majority of the work week. Some people love it, but I actually don't mind getting a little dressed up for work. I guess it will be another good reason to stick to my three question checklist when adding new pieces to my wardrobe.

So, tell me... which look is your favorite?

p.s. I'm linking up with Rachelle from PinkSole for #HowISpring link up. Be sure to checkout her blog for more great inspirations this season!

16 comments:

  1. i love the lacy look with white pants..i will certainly be following these style posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you'll be following! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. so nice to give it to your sister, I like the shirt with the white bottom, chic.

    xx Falasha

    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Falasha! That looks seems to be the winner so far.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to agree with Dixya and Falasha - love the look with the white pants. Super chic!

    And congrats on the new job - so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best with your new job - know you will Rock! I love the shirt with the white bottom too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kamana! I guess sometimes simple and chic is just the way to go.

      Delete
  5. I think that's why there are so many fashion/style blogs, because it's so easy to write about! The way I see it, we have to wear clothes every day, so we're constantly thinking about it. I'm glad you decided to share- I love seeing your style!

    I'm kinda partial to the bf jeans + top + tennies look, just because I've been loving dressy tops with jeans lately. Such a fun combination. The red shoes are darling, I vote, YES, get 'em! Those will be classic forever!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the chill vibe of the converse shoes and the bf jeans too. Converses seem to go with everything! I'm getting a lot of votes for these red shoes... so I'm thinking of pulling the trigger! ;)

      Delete
  6. Super cute outfits!! I especially love the blue top paired with the orange skirt!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I never realized how versatile that skirt would be. So glad to have you stop by. :)

      Delete
  7. Such a cute top, i've always liked lace. My favourite is with the jeans and the blazer. And yes, you ARE a very nice sister :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... thanks Salma! Yes, love how the blazer just polishes the look.

      Delete
  8. Bummer that the top didn't work out :( But at least your sister got a nice present out of it!Those red suede heels are so pretty and I hope you end up getting them. Congrats and good luck with the new job :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mili! I'm already thinking of coming up with outfits to pair with those shoes. And thank you for commenting so I could find your blog as well.

      Delete