Thursday, May 7, 2015

Three Things Thursday: Blogger Love


Hello, hello! How is it Thursday already?! This week has completely flown by and I've pretty much been a bookworm all week. I can not wait for this weekend because one of my dear friends is coming to visit us from India! Super duper excited!

Well, since I haven't been up to much this week besides studying, I thought I would share three blogs of some very creative women! 

One: Pretty Polly Math

I have a love/hate relation with macaroons. I love to eat them... hate trying to make them! Two years ago, around Christmas time, I got obsessed with them after our friends brought us some incredible macaroons from New York. I looked up several different recipes. I probably made like four different batches, but my macaroons just didn't have any "feet"! :( If you know anything about macaroons, you'll understand how important feet are. They tastes great, but looked flat... whomp, whomp! (Pic below)
But checkout Hetal's French Macaron... perfection! Don't they just look so yummy and delicious?! I've decided that very soon, I'm going to give it another go and hopefully master this tough little cookie! She has tons of great recipes on her blog... checkout this Parle-G Cookie Butter. I'm very intrigued...  my Nana (grandfather) can't have his afternoon tea without them! PLUS she just announced that she will be on Master Chef this season! I don't really watch the show, but I'll definitely be tuning in to support her. Can't wait to see what incredible dishes she whips up on the show. Be sure to check out her blog and show her some love and support!


Two: This Design Journal

I recently came across Anima's blog and absolutely fell in love with her million different creative ideas! One of my favorites is DIY: Photo Magnets. They are so adorable and I think they would be perfect Mother's Day gift.  My SIL is expecting her baby in the next few months and I thought that using the sonogram pictures to create this photo magnet would be a perfect gift for her! Speaking of babies.... checkout this awesome Star Wall she created for her daughter's room. I love nurseries and kid's room decor. They are always my favorite! Plus, since my new hobby/obsession has been to create a beautiful garden on my patio, I'm loving her simple DIY: Pots Ready for Patio post. The contrasting plates really pop and just make the pots look so happy! Love it!


Three: Simple Medicine

Dr. Pargati just share this post on How to: Build a Portable Studio. I think it's a genius idea! My husband and I invested in a very fancy DSLR two years ago, but I haven't spent enough time trying to beef up my photography skills. Two of the biggest challenges most photographers struggle with are good lighting and a good background. Well, this doctor has found a solution for both! I know that my blog could definitely benefit from better quality photos and so I can't wait to try this out! Maybe, you'll find it helpful as well. She also has a great post on The Truth About Sugar. It can get so confusing these days - what's good, what's not. My moto is just moderation in everything I eat and do, and this post really helped clear up a few things for me. My favorite, since I was a baby, has always been honey... glad to know it's doctor approved! ;)


So, those were three of my favorite blogs this week. I hope enjoyed changing things up a bit. Are you interested in sharing you top threes this week? Please visit the hosts: SalmaRaj, or Nisha's blog, for all the details on how to join the linkup.


What's something creative you've made this week?

12 comments:

  1. Loved this post! I too have a love hate relationship with macaroons :) I love your design journal and will try those DIY projects soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so craving them right now! Yes, be sure to check out Anima's blog. She's awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Reshma for the mention. Very happy that you loved Akshara's room and the photo magnets project. That is one of my favorites and Akshara's too. Thank you once again. Hope to see many more of your house updates. Simple Medicine is a new to me blog. Looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome Anima! And so glad to have you stop by!

      Delete
  3. ok those macarons look amazing -- and i'm totally checking out that portable studio. thanks for this awesome roundup... that link is exactly what I need!

    alyson
    www.theaveragegirlsguide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyson! I'm glad you'll find the links helpful! :)

      Delete
  4. Thnks Reshma! I appreciate the feature :-) Give macarons a try again...practice makes perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Hetal! I'll be cheering for you... I'll definitely give them a try again soon.

      Delete
  5. Reshma, those macaroons look amazing! YUM! I have a confession: I've never had a proper macaroon. Now that I think about it, I'm almost shocked that I haven't. Hopefully soon! Thanks for sharing my blog - I'm glad you enjoyed my post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just the thought of making my own macaroons scares me but i do love it..love Pragati's blog in general and that post on portable studio was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your macaroon baking, I'm sure they'll work out great this time! And thanks for the links to the other blogs, it's fun discovering new ones. Always so happy when you link up to #3thingsthursday. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete