Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Floral Skirt

The Floral Skirt




When I saw this floral skirt, I knew that I was attracted to the print right away. It has some of my favorite colors. When I started to play with how I would pair this skirt, I'm drawn to it even more! However, I have few reservations: the cost (although it's 50% off currently), the fit (cotton + spandex, doesn't always work well for my figure), and the shipping/returning. The closest J.Crew Factory store a little out of the way for me and I don't make it there quiet often. 

Although I haven't made up my mind about this skirt completely, I thought I'd still share some of the outfit ideas I came up with. I'm glad I experimented with tops that were anything but bright pink, which is what I would have gone to first. I love how all three looks turned out. The stripped sweater top is way outside of my comfort zone and inspired by this dress worn by Cassie. Ironically, it's also my favorite look. 

I hope I get a chance to try this skirt out in person. If you've been on a hunt for a floral skirt, I think this might be a great one to try, especially with the current sale. Happy (early) Labor Day! :)

LinkUp: #HowISummer


What are you eyeing this Labor Day?

12 comments:

  1. Love all the looks you put together. I think the striped one is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, right? I finally just ordered it.. hopefully it fits me well!

      Delete
  3. Love this skirt! It's so pretty and versatile. I like the first and last look the best. Perfect for date night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Parita! I agree... both looks would be great for date night.

      Delete
  4. I hope you get to try this skirt on because you've come up with some great outfit ideas already! Keep us posted and thanks for linking up for Lovely Little à la Mode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the variety you have in styling the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I had about three floral skirts at one point and they are SO versatile, literally you can pair them with anything! I wear them to work so often! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally gave in and bought the skit, but I'm not a 100% sold on the material. It may just need to be ironed. I hope that's it.

      Delete