Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Inspired Style on a Budget: June-August

June-August Purchases



Last three months have been quiet slow in the shopping department for me... and my wallet definitely doesn't seem to be complaining! I have mainly only shopped on three different occasions: right before the  Jamaica trip,  online for the Nordstrom anniversary sale, and a short recent mall trip.

For the Jamaica trip, I added three new items to my closet. I've talked about all three of them in my packing post. This yellow top has become one of my favorites and it goes really well with the turquoise necklace. I've been eyeing this necklace for some time now and love the color. It's a great statement necklace without being too flashy. It was gifted to me by my aunt last month. As for the cover-ups, I think these two will last me for many summers to come. 

I was very disappointed that the Trove leather jacket from my Nordstrom Anniversary sale post didn't work out for me.   The quality of the leather was incredibly soft and buttery, but unfortunately they did not have the camel color in my size. Considering the cost of the jacket, I was not ready to compromise on the fit or color. And so, the search for the perfect leather jacket shall continue. As for the rest of my anniversary sale picks: the leather pants didn't fit as well as I'd hope and were a tad too long and the puffer jacket was also a bit too long on me. I have kept the cardigan for now. After wearing my gray one last winter, I thought about sizing down, but I actually need a size bigger. I'm hoping to be able to exchange it soon and will add it to my next budget post if I'm able to get the correct size. As for these red shoes... well I'm in love! I'm planning on doing a style post with them soon and I think I'll be able to get good use out of them during Christmas time. 

I have been eyeing the  comfy jogger trend for a while now. Recently, on my quick Target run (no such thing in my dictionary), I grabbed these joggers.  I'm not sure that the link for these are the exact ones I bought because mine have a mesh material that gives them some textural interest. I think they will be perfect for a causal weekend look or while traveling. 

As for the clutches, they are a bit more expensive than what I would normally spend on a clutch. However, both of them are great quality and I believe I will get great use out of them both. The silver clutch has great sparkle on one side and the reverse side is a bit of a subdue shimmer material so it's like a 2-in-1 look. I got tons of compliments when I wore it for a party recently. Plus, I'm always reaching for a silver with most of my Indian outfits. I have only had one  silver clutch for the past 4-5 years and wasn't very happy with it. So I'm excited to add this one to my closet. I'm also ready to retire my old F21 black clutch that has severed me very well over the years. This black clutch from Aldo will be super versatile since it's a good size and has some nice textural detail on the flap. Both of these clutches come with detachable straps which are always a must for me. 

Accessories are generally an after thought for me and I never really spend too much money on them. I'm starting to change this as I'm learning more about my own sense of style. A great clutch or a bold pair of earrings can really elevate the look of that simple black dress. I think a few dependable, good quality accessories are a must-have in any closet. 


Regrets & Returns 

Update from my previous budget post. I ended up returning the lace crochet shorts and the white lace skirt. I just decided that I wasn't too happy with the quality or the fit of either of these items. The Sam & Libby sandals are good quality of the price, however the detailed gold rim is already peeling after 4 months of wear. Although the rest of the sandal is in great shape, it's a shame that these sandals probably won't last until next season. 

What's your favorite closet addition or regret recently?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for not compromising on fit or style for a pricey item! That is hard to do when you want something really bad. I think the clutches were a good investment too. I've just barely started to invest in apparel, but the one thing I HAVE invested in is a couple pairs of boots. I have a few other items on my investment wishlist for hopefully soon!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great pair of boots are a must for fall/winter! I'm regretting not pulling the trigger on some Cole Hann ones there were on sale recently. But hopefully I'll find some better ones soon. I can't wait to see yours on the blog soon.

      Delete