Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Little Friendly Nudge... Outfit Post

Although I love seeing outfit posts from some of my favorite style bloggers, I have been very nervous (to say the least) to post any of my own! After this post to stay in line with my three question checklist, many of you asked for an outfit post with this skirt. I guess we all have to get over our fears someday and a little friendly nudge from my new blogger friends is just what I needed. So... here is my first outfit post! :)


Remember, this lightweight blush sweater they didn't have in my size? Well, I saw it on sale (plus free shipping) and just couldn't resist! So, I cheated on my April shopping fast this month... shhh!! I was hoping to wear it at a birthday party this past weekend, but unfortunately it was already 90 degrees in Dallas and it just didn't make sense. Spring is pretty non-existent here! So I paired it with this lace top instead. Unfortunately, the lighting is a bit off in the picture and you can't really see the lace detail of the top. Sorry! :/


This second look is from my experiment in the fitting room at the store. It's actually another one of my favorite ways to wear this skirt. I like of the casual vibe of the plaid button up. Although the orange is a tad bit on the neon side, I think this look would be perfect for the next time we're at a Tennessee football game or maybe a casual Sunday brunch with friends!

These days, I've become very picky when it comes to adding new items into my wardrobe.... and this skirt was no exception! I get a great deal of inspiration as well as practical advice from some of my favorite style bloggers. They have really helped me come to a better understanding of my "personal style" and how to dress so that I feel more confident in my own skin. It's still all a learning process and I'm sure my sense of style will continue to evolve as I get older. As for this skirt, I think the shape of it really works well for my body, the material is really great quality, and the pop of color simply makes me happy! Win, win... wouldn't you say? :)



What has a little friendly nudge inspired you to do today?

12 comments:

  1. I love how you took this skirt in two totally different directions! Like you, I'm trying to be pickier about what I buy too. Both my husband and my bank account appreciate when I do that!

    And I'll be the first to admit that I'm not super fashion forward and can use all the help I can get. So more fashion posts please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging comment, Parita! :)

      Delete
  2. Just a different shirt totally changed the entire look. Love the skirt on you. I wouldn't have thought of pairing it with a plaid shire but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Salma. I'm not sure what prompted me to pick up the plaid shirt, thinking it would work either... but I guess it pays to experiment and have fun!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your first outfit post -- they're a little intimidating at first but you're providing such great inspiration. Love this skirt on you! The best outfit tip I ever got from another blogger was to make my photos larger... it feels so awkward at first but it makes a difference. :)

    alyson
    www.theaveragegirlsguide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyson! I really appreciate your comment and tip... I'm still intimidated, but will definitely keep that in mind with future outfit posts. Baby steps, I guess... haha

      Delete
  4. First time at your blog. I like it. Congrats on the start. My first post was so blah.. but eventually you figure out your niche and you expand a little because you grow. I stopped blogging for a while but now I realize I need it more than ever.
    What area do you live in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nisha! It's great to have you stop by and visit! I'm currently in Dallas, but originally from near the Atlanta area. I'm glad you are back to blogging... I've liked reading several of your posts!

      Delete
  5. Love love this post! Coral is my favorite and love how you styled the look. Can't wait for your upcoming fashion posts. I too was a little nervous to post photos of myself. That's why I change up the content so it's not all about "me" and love that you do that too!

    www.socialandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet compliment Kamana! :) I love your fashion posts as well... you always keep inspiring me!

      Delete
  6. I hesitate to use the word, but you are adorable!!! I'm so glad you decided to share! Don't let yourself get bogged down on getting perfect photos- the important thing is that you're sharing and keeping track of your own style. And I think you look great! The combo of the gingham + that color is so so great. Glad you shared!! And thank you for all of your kind comments on my blog. So glad we have connected!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much for your sweet words of encouragement. It really means so much! :)

      Delete