Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Limitless Dress

Looks like I'm a roll this week with two fashion posts back to back! I've been having fun playing with the new items I added to my closet last month and so I thought I'd share this 'Limitless Dress' with you today. 

Spring Capsule Outfits #1


Short sleeve shift dress / Black boyfriend jacket / J Brand frayed jeans / Zara skirt / Banana Republic white denim skinny jeans / Banana Republic slim fit black pants / Forever 21 pointed toe ballet flat / Forever 21 perforated oxford / Ted Baker pink patent leather shoes / Vince Camuto suede sandals / Converse plimsoll shoes, $96 / 3 1 Phillip Lim leather cross body purse / Henri Bendel foldover purse / Asos purse / Charlotte Russe layered chain necklace / House of Harlow 1960 14 karat gold jewelry / FOREVER 21 GIRLS Paneled Faux Leather Jacket

This dress from Sheinside is super affordable! I love the colors for spring and I think you could even easily layer it up for fall. I'll be honest, the material is super light and probably not the best quality. I'm a little scared to wash it... but overall, I've been pretty happy with it. I was a little skeptical about ordering from this site, but so far I've bought three items and I'm pretty happy with them all. I think if you are looking for trendier pieces on a budget then it's worth checking out. One thing I will say is that you have to be super careful about the sizing. I can't always trust the measurements listed. I tend rely more on the reviews posted from others when trying to decided on the size to order. The other thing I really like about the site is that people can post their own pictures about how they styled the item, which is how I got the inspiration to try this dress as a top! 

I think it's a genius idea! The length of the skirt and the light weight material is prefect to be worn tucked to jeans or a skirt. I like to tuck it in just at the front for a more relaxed look when pairing it with jeans. I think you could even wear it with tights and booties if you wanted to transition into fall. It totally changes the look and gives me a lot more versatility with this dress. 

It's so interesting to me... just like with everything else in life, if you change your perception of something and you may find that the possibilities are limitless! I envy people who have the imagination to think outside the box. I'm not always so good about it... but a little inspiration from someone else can inspire you to experiment and maybe even take the idea to the next level. I'm looking all my shift dresses in my closet now and trying to figure out how I can apply this same concept. A few things to keep in mind....the dress needs to be a fairly light weight material so that it's easier to tuck in and it helps if it's a tad on a the shorter side. 

I hope this inspires you to look at the items in your closet with a different eye and find limitless possibilities!


Have you ever thought of wearing a dress as a top instead?

4 comments:

  1. Love the block print on this dress! I would never think to pair it with the other items you listed, but it totally works. Especially love the jeans look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Parita! The jean look is one of my favorite too!

      Delete
  2. I think because it is super light, it can double as a top! I've done that before with jeans, where the dress just didn't tuck in correctly. Tucking a dress into a skirt is my favorite (and the most comfy, imo) because the skirt portion of the dress doubles as a slip, almost. I love the colors on this dress! Looks like a great piece.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya! I usually am a "yellow" girl during spring time, but lately I've been loving shades of orange/coral.

      Delete