Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Spring Beauty Essentials

Let me start this post of by first stating that I am not a beauty guru by any means. I look to my sister, my friends, and beauty bloggers as well as youtubers for advice on the best products on the market and how to use them correctly. Since like knowing what others are using I thought it would be fun to do a post my current essentials.  So, here it is!

Spring Beauty Essentials

1) Clean and Clear Cleanser: This is just a simple cleanser, nothing fancy. It wakes me up in the morning and gets the job done. I've pretty much been using this since I was a teenager.
2) Clarisonic Brush: I was really on the fence about this. It got it on a great sale and wanted to give it a try. I think it really makes a world of difference! 
3) Clinique Moisture Surge: This is definitely an expensive moisturizer, but for me it's been well worth it. I've started to see a lot of dry patches and did a lot of research to find a product that does the job and was within my budget. This is the only product that has really made a difference. 
4) Clinique All About Eyes: I never used two different products for moisturizing before, but as I get older I'm starting to see those crow's feet around my eyes. This product is a little heavier and works really well under my concealer so it doesn't crease up as much. I'm not sure if I'm 100% sold, but so far this is the best one I've tried.
5) Vaseline: This is a must have in my book! I mainly use it on my lips, but it's also great to use with a Q-tip as a gentle eye makeup remover. 
6) Friedman's Clay Mask: Super affordable and I really feel like it does the job to pull the dirt from deep down my skin. I try to use it once a week, but sometimes I forget... so more than 2 to 3x a month.
7) Oil of Olay Total Effects 7 in One: I know what you are thinking... why in the world would I have 3 different moisturizing products on my list?! But SPF is a must in my book! Unfortunately, I have yet to find the perfect spf product for myself. I learned through trial an error earlier this year that any spf product with titanium dioxide or zinc oxide makes me break out. Pretty much every spf product on the market tends to have either one of these two as the spf ingredients in them. So this product works "ok" for me. If you have recommendations, I'd love to know!
8) MAC Studio Fix: This is the perfect foundation coverage for me. I'm wear the color NC42. My sister has been trying to get me to switch to a liquid version, but for now this one works perfect for me.
9) MAC liquid concealer: I use this under my eyes and for spot correction for special occasions only. It doesn't crease as much under my eyes versus other products, especially if I use the Clinique All About Eyes underneath.
10) Clinique Free Spring Gift: I got this as part of a free gift when I purchased the moisture surge from Macy's recently. I'm usually not a fan of these free gifts because the colors usually don't work for me. They are currently offering this kit in Nudes and Pinks. I chose the Pinks and really love it! The colors are perfect for day to day look and you can build on the eyes and lips for a great evening look as well. It has everything you need for a complete look! The only thing I do not like is the original Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer - it just doesn't work for me at all. On the other hand, it also includes a really good mascara, a travel size of the moisture surge, plus a really cute spring bag... on top of all that it was free with a purchase!

I'm sure these "essentials" will change over time... but for now these are the products I find myself reaching for the most often. There are still two main products I'm on the look out for: a great night time serum and a great spot treatment for those random blemishes I still get from time to time.


What are your beauty essentials this season?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you shared this! I'm not a beauty person either, but always enjoy reading about people's go-to products. Right now I only use one moisturizer and it doesn't have spf (eep!) but, this Summer I really need to remember to wear sunscreen on my face daily. Having that in my moisturizer seems like a good way to do it!

    You lucked out on a super cute free bag from Clinique! I just love trying out new sample products.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize when I was younger, but wearing spf is the easiest way to care for your skin. I've also heard great things about Aveeno Face moisturizer with spf, but sadly it still made me break out. I think it's worth giving it a try though since everyone's skin is a little different.

      Delete
  2. Vaseline on my lips is always a must for me too! And blush. I'm always looking for a good underage concealer so I'll check out your mac recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also have a thicker and a bit creamer kind in a pot, but for me it just creased up too much under my eyes so I like the liquid version a bit better. I hope it works for you! :)

      Delete